The speaking test is divided into 4 parts and takes about 12 minutes to complete.
Your responses will be recorded and marked by a British Council examiner. Some useful advice includes:
- Make sure you understand the question and respond appropriately and fully.
- Try to explain or expand your answers.
- Make sure that you speak clearly into the microphone and monitor time carefully.
- Before test day practise speaking as much as you can - do not worry too much about mistakes - instead, focus on whether your message was successfully communicated.
- Record yourself speaking: try to improve your vocabulary, pronunciation and reduce your hesitations.